Last week we brought you some recipes to elevate your BBQ to the next level. This week, we have some suggestions for tasty libations. Capitol Hill is home to some fantastic bartenders. So here are some drinks based on each of our favorite spirits, from some of our favorite localicious neighborhood bars.
Note: Most of these recipes don’t list measurements for each ingredient. In general, start with 1.5oz of the alcohol involved, and distribute the rest to taste. You’ll probably just need a dash of things like bitters, peppers and lime juice, and a little more soda or other fillers. Most of these are meant to be served in a cocktail or martini glass, which only hold 5 – 6 oz total.
- Witness Bar: I’m Your Huckleberry – Huckleberry-Infused Vodka, Lemon, Simple, Huckleberry Cordial Drizzle
- Knee High Stocking Company: Grape-Beri Knee High – Raspberry Vodka, Chambord, Lemon and Soda
- Bait Shop: Lion’s Tail – Bourbon, Lime, Allspice, Bitters
- Witness Bar: Son of a Preacher Man – Bourbon, Black Pekoe Tea, Lemon, Honey Liqueur
- Barrio: Mezcal Mule – Espadin Mezcal, Lime, Ginger beer, Sal de Gusano
- Knee High Stocking Company: Sayulita – Tequila, Luxardo, Lemon, Shaken with Cucumber
- Bait Shop: Rosemary’s Baby – Gin, Strawberry, Rosemary and Lemon
- Tavern Law: Garden in a Glass – 1.5 oz Oola Gin, ½ oz yellow Chartreuse, ¾ oz lime, ½ oz simple syrup, 2 dashes celery bitters, Cucumber slices, shake and serve over rocks.
Share your favorite homemade cocktail recipes with us in the comments below.