For some, taking on hosting duties can be stressful and overwhelming—all the planning, coordinating, and preparation take time. But pulling together a fabulous party doesn’t have to be as hard as it looks. Whether your friends are coming over for the yearly cookie swap, your co-workers are visiting for an ugly sweater party or your entire extended family is coming together for a five-course meal, don’t fear.
You already know the entertaining basics: the perfect playlist, a fun floral centerpiece, and great food. Let your guests lend a hand by bringing a few appetizers and desserts. And set your party stage with these five effortless essentials to wow your guests this year:
- Warm holiday-scented candles: lighting a few candles throughout your apartment helps set the mood and create a warm, comforting atmosphere.
- Bar cart stocked with seasonal cocktails: the best way to get a party started is the drinks.
- A bountiful, colorful cheese board: pick out a variety of cheeses, meats, fruits, and crackers for easy appetizers.
- Hand-crafted place settings: delight your guests with special name cards as an added touch.
- Don’t let them leave empty-handed: pick out your favorite treat to pass out among partygoers before they leave.